Friday, August 20, 2010

I have a virus/trojan problem and get a popup everytime I open IE or redirect to a new page?

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4391/82...



This is the message I get when I open a new page on Internet Explorer I think I clicked a bad link or a download for Active X those are the only 2 things I did before it started happening.



But how do I get rid of this it keeps popping up and I have a virus scanner up at the moment



I have a virus/trojan problem and get a popup everytime I open IE or redirect to a new page?free spyware



try spybot search and destroy.........the tea timer blocks bad pages + you can have your computer ''imunized'' against bad pages



I have a virus/trojan problem and get a popup everytime I open IE or redirect to a new page?live update



If this is Vista, boot up to safe mode try installing latest fixes. If that does not help, type ''msconfig'', go to startup tab and uncheck the applications you are not familiar with. Restart test and see if went away. You can also try standalone app called Stinger.exe from Macafee. Link is attached.
DON'T CLICK TO DOWNLOAD! You have to use a decent virus scanner to scan and delete the virus. Also, run Ad-Aware to get rid of spyware. It also seems as though someone has hijacked your HOSTS file, so websites redirect to other sites. Run those virus scanners and if they don't work, download Hiren's Boot CD and boot off of that and that will get rid of the virus/adware.
That is spyware and you should run a anti spyware program like spybot search and destroy or xsoftspy to remove it.
run your virus scan, check your downloads via the control panel.
I agree with the other posts on here in that you have likely got adware or malware on your system. I would recommend you do a Google Search for Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy, which are the two industry leaders for anti-spyware and anti adware. I won't provide links because I don't want anyone to click on a link on this that may end up also hacked and misdirecting you to a trojan site. You should run BOTH tools to clean your system and keep it maintained. This is in ADDITION to running anti-virus tools. Run both because one tool will find things the other one won't, and vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment