Friday, August 20, 2010

After a virus (Virusburst - trojan), I can't change my home page back to what I want.....?

I had a virus, and I believe I have gotten rid of it, but I still can't change my homepage back to what I want. I have checked my internet settings and it shows my homepage as yahoo, but when I double-click internet explorer, I get something trying to sell me virus recovery sofware (I know this is part of the virus left behind). How can I get the home page back to what I want? The home page it goes to now is protectionband.com and shows a bogus warning about the number of viruses on my computer.



After a virus (Virusburst - trojan), I can't change my home page back to what I want.....?internet security 2006



If you have run a virus scan and gotten rid of the virus, then you need to do a spyware scan also to get rid of the other programs that the virus put on. If you need some software to do this with, I recommend Ad-aware SE Personal Edition.



http://www.download.com/3000-2144-100459...



After a virus (Virusburst - trojan), I can't change my home page back to what I want.....?microsoft



Navigate to Yahoo. Now go to internet options and where it prompts for homepage...click use current..also make sure you have your browser set to open with home page..Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment